Worbla book cover
Make a cover for a handmade book or album using Worbla that is embossed with a folder and decorated with ribbons, gears and flowers. Cut blank pages and place them in, use it as small photo album or create a decorative book.
- Worbla’s Meshed Art (WMA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding Sheet – 180mm x 250mm x 1.2mm
- Marianne Design Embossing Folder & Cutting Die – Tyre Tracks – Chevrons DF3407
- Buddly Crafts Industrial Gears Metal Charms – 20pcs Silver Tone AS6
- Tsukineko StazOn Midi Ink Pad – Jet Black
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Desert Sand MD804
- May Arts 20mm Chevron Stripe Twill Ribbon – 2m – Celery #38
- Buddly Crafts Wooden Shapes – 50mm Santa Moustache 5pcs W47
- Viva Decor Mulberry Paper Flowers – 50pcs White
- Tsukineko VersaColor Pigment Ink Pad Large – Sage #187
- Joy! Crafts Bookbinding Rings 12pcs – 30mm Silver
- Buddly Crafts 12mm Pearl Brads – 24pcs Ivory BR1
- Knorr Prandell 10mm Satin Ribbon Roll – 4.5m – Olive Green #2248
- Buddly Crafts 5mm Round Metal Claw Stud Rivets – Silver Tone 200pcs #V8
- Die cutting machine
- Heating gun
- Hot glue gun
- Piercing tool
Heat well the Worbla sheet and pass through the die cutting machine using the Chevron embossing folder. Set the folder to one of the sheet’s corners. Make sure that the Worbla is heated well and you use the correct plates on your machine.
Cut the Worbla sheet to the length.
Heat a bit in the center and fold, creating a semi circular spine.
Cut two small pieces of the remaining Worbla sheet.
Heat the small pieces and use them to secure the binding rings to the center of the spine inside the cover.
Using the StazOn inkpad, distress the chevron design of the cover.
Lightly colour the paper flowers and the wooden moustache with the sage and desert sand inkpads.
Cut a 40cm long piece of the Chevron stripe ribbon and glue it in the center of the cover. Continue with a small piece of the satin ribbon and the paper flowers.
Using a piercing tool open holes and set the gears with brads. Continue with glueing smaller gears and adding round rivets