Shadow box – A journey back in time with a framed sea journal inspired theme in a shadow box.
Using a 12x12in (30x30cm) 7 gypsies Serengeti paper for background and ephemera, it brings a sense of pieces kept together in a canvas made cover, which is now open to reveal its contents.
Stamps on canvas stripes give the impression of bookmarks. Little 7g maritime charms painted with bronze paint to match the colour shades of the theme enhance the nautical theme.
Rope, wooden letters, a glass bottle filled with sand, and a ship wheel are like been collect from the sea and kept as a reminder.
The whole projects uses canvas that is stamped and distressed with Tattered angels mists, like the background, tickets and ephemera.
- Jute Rope Light Natural Hank 14′
- Hemp rope
- Cardboard baseboard mist – Tattered angels
- Water- Baseboard mist – Tattered angels
- Spicy Mustard – Tattered Angels
- Rouge glimmer – Tattered Angels
- Maritime Charms
- Mini Ephemera: Receipts (17 pieces)
- Correspondence Mini Ephemera
- Optical Lens: Antique Brass
- Serengeti: Vitabu (books)
- Stamps Under the Sea Stamp Set
- Stamps Clg Stamp CVC Find Yourself
- Journal Pages: Vintage Travel
- Bronze chain
- cArt-Us Tiny Wooden Letters – A-Z Uppercase 250pcs
- Wooden ship wheel
- 7gypsies Glass bottle and sand
- Viva Decor Clear Silicone Stamps – At the Seaside #19
- Black ink
- Bronze embossing powder
I like this lots – and what a fantastic blog – I shall return 🙂
Hi there Kyriakos, you work is inspired me to create another shadow box. I am a fan myself. I did also did a seascape for my friend who loves the ocean, a best friend shadow box of memories,, and a man cave one for my brother.
Thank you very much Donna! I am so happy reading your comment! 🙂 Is there a place where you share your art? I’d love to see your shadow boxes!