Powertex made lace flower tutorial. Exclusively made for Buddly Crafts, using lace and powertex, I created a flower that is placed on a pearl necklace. The flower can be also used as an embellishment on other craft projects or on a hair pin, a belt, on a bag, etc.
Find more Powertex projects in Buddly Crafts Blog
- Powertex Fabric Hardener – Transparent 1000g
- 50mm Guipure Lace – Black
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Bead Caps #5306
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Bead Caps #5302
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Clasp & Hook – 30mm #4801
- Jump Rings – Silver Plated 4mm #1134
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Ear Posts with Sieve – 14mm #7861
- H&CF Glass Pearls – 6mm Black #7713
- H&CF Glass Pearls – 6mm Beige #7712
- Trimits Strung Pearl Beads – 3mm White
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Metal Spacer Beads – 12 pcs #0007
- Le Suh Perlon Jewellery Thread .5mm #005
- Marabu Fashion Spray – Black 073
- Hot glue gun
Cut 10 pieces from the black lace.
Place some Powertex in a small bowl. Soak the lace pieces in.
Using a cylindrical object cover, shape the lace cuttings and let them dry. Wrap the object with a plastic bag to avoid the lace get stuck to it.
When the lace cuttings dry, trim around the circular pattern to the straight side 5 of them, and even further to the circle the rest 5, which be will be used as the second/core, inner layer of petals for the flower.
Glue together the 5 first “petals” close to the round pattern in a circle form (which be after glued on the round part of the earring post). Then place the second layer of petals/lace pieces in the center. As the black lace may have some white marks due to the quantity of the powertex used, spray the flower with the black fabric paint.
Then, glue 3 x 5cm long pearl strung pieces, folded in half, the bead caps and one beige pearl inside each cap.
Pass the black pearls and the spaces to the jewellery thread. About 80 pearls used. Bind the clasps to the end of thread and use some jump rings to adjust the length of the necklace to what suits you best. Glue the flower on the pearls directly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.