Handmade Christmas tree out of dowel craft sticks. Decorate it with some ice crystals and embellishments and place it in a beautiful porcelain bucket.
- 10mm Beechwood Dowel Craft Sticks – 5pcs 90mm
- Knorr Prandell Wooden Craft Sticks – 25pcs 4mm x 20cm #201
- Knorr Prandell White Porcelain Bucket – 7.5cm x 8cm #220807
- Knorr Prandell Binder Twine – 20m
- Knorr Prandell Small Alder Cones – 35g #1022
- Viva Decor Eiskristall – 200g Ice Crystals
- Viva Decor Artline Structure Paste – 250ml White #101
- H&CF Glass Pearls – 4mm – Red #7705
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Acrylic Diamond Beads Trio – 6mm – #0608
- Knorr Prandell Liberty Bells 24pcs – 10mm Silver #6164
- Buddly Crafts Round Wooden Beads – 100pcs Red & White
- Knorr Prandell Deco Clips – Star Silver 32mm
- Knorr Prandell 6mm Satin Ribbon Roll – 5m – Red #115
- Buddly Crafts 15mm Stars Metal Claw Stud Rivets – Silver Tone 50pcs #V5
- Buddly Crafts 6mm Spacer Beads – 125pcs Silver SP2
- Knorr Prandell Crafts Wine Corks – 200g Assorted
- Knorr Prandell 100cm (90″) wide Jute Hessian Fabric – 1m Natural
- Hot glue gun
To make the handmade Christmas tree you will need to cut pieces of the crafts sticks in different sizes. For this project the pieces cut are:
- 1 x 16cm long (used as the tree trunk) of the 10mm dowel stick
- 2 x 10cm long of the 10mm dowel stick
- 2 x 8cm long of the 10mm dowel stick
- 2 x 6cm long of the 10mm dowel stick
- 2 x 8cm long of the 4mm stick
- 2 x 6cm long of the 4mm stick
- 2 x 4cm long of the 4mm stick
Of course, you can add more as you build the tree.
You will also need to cut a 2cm height cork.
Using a craft knife remove some part of the center of the cork to make a hole that will help set the16cm long dowel stick. Glue the stick to the cork.
Using a round file create a recess in the middle of the the sticks. This will help them set in place easier and will look better. If you are using a strong glue you can avoid this step.
Starting about 4cm from the cork, place the longest sticks in an asymmetrical way. Leave about 1 – 1.5 cm between them.
Continue with the 4mm sticks.
Wrap some binding twine among the sticks and the stunk. This is only for decorative purpose.
Using a palette knife, place some paste on the edges of the sticks.
Sprinkle with the ice crystals and lightly press them on the paste to set them well. Let the paste dry well. Remove the excess ice crystals.
Glue a full size cork in the center bucket and then glue the tree on top of that.
Cut a round piece of fabric, open a hole in the center on the diameter of the dowel stick and place it around the base of the tree, covering the space of the bucket. Alternatively you can fill the bucket with raffia, snow or anything you desire.
Decorate the handmade Christmas tree with the pinecones, the beads and the bells. Tie a bow to the handle of the bucket and place a star clip.