Filigree flowers DIY necklace is an easy to make project that can go for a perfect gift. Create an elegant vintage looking necklace using filigree flowers, wire and silk ribbon. The colour of the ribbon can be changed to match your style.
You can find all the materials used and more inspiration in the Buddly Crafts shop and blog.
- Buddly Crafts Metal Filigree Assorted Flower Wraps – 18pcs Antique
- Buddly Crafts Metal Flowers & Leaves – 50pcs Antique Bronze AB10
- Knorr Prandell Craft Wire ⌀1mm – Brass
- May Arts 32mm Silk Ribbon – 1m Olive Green SK16
- Buddly Crafts Flatback Rose Pearls – 45pcs 12mm Ivory P13
- Buddly Crafts Flatback Half Pearls – 550pcs 5mm Multi P25
- Buddly Crafts 10mm Lobster Clasps – 40pcs Antique Bronze AB1
- Buddly Crafts 5mm Jump Rings – 100pcs Antique Bronze AB2
- Round nose pliers
- Knorr Prandell Hole Piercing Tool #397
Cut 3 x 40cm long wires. Hold them at one side and loosely braid the wires.
Cut a 50cm long silk ribbon and waive it through the wires.
Cut about 10cm long wires and pass them through the filigree flowers. Twist wires to hold them on flowers. For flowers that don’t have hole or point to hold, you can easily open holes using a piercing tool.
Twist the wire ends on the necklace wires to hold the flower.
Cut more wires, shape them around a pencil and set them on the necklace. Continue with all the flowers.
Decorate the flowers with the pearls
Twist and wrap the ribbon at the end of the wires, use some glue if necessary to hold it. Using the round pliers, create a loop with the wires and place jump rings and the lobster clasp. To adjust the size of the necklace you can add more jump rings.
Wonderful presentation… I am going to make on of these beauties…