Make a key holder ring using rope colored with inks that is strong and customisable to any style. Choose other colours and embellishments and make a nice gift.
- Buddly Crafts Cotton Piping Cord – 5m – Size #5 6mm
- Buddly Crafts Metal D-Rings 10pcs – 25mm Silver Tone #S25
- Buddly Crafts Rose Rectangle Metal Pendant Frames – 3pcs Silver Tone ST21
- Buddly Crafts Wrist Strap Lanyard Clasp – 4pcs x 25mm K1
- Knorr Prandell Chrome Split Rings – 30mm x 10pcs
- Buddly Crafts Industrial Gears Metal Charms – 20pcs Silver Tone AS6
- Tsukineko StazOn Solvent Ink Pad – Ultramarine
- Collall Textile Glue – 100ml
- Tsukineko Memento Luxe Ink Pad – Bahama Blue
- Tsukineko Memento Luxe Ink Pad – Tuxedo Black
- Flat nose pliers
- Hot glue gun
- Heat tool
Cut 5 x 30cm long pieces from the piping cord.
Roll two of the cords on the Memento Luxe tuxedo black ink pad.
Roll two of the cords on the Memento Luxe bahama blue ink pad.
Use a heat gun to speed up the drying process and secure the inks on the cords.
Place aside the 5 cords and glue one edge of the with the textile glue. Make sure that the width matches that of the clasp.
Either secure with the clasp (you will have to remove it later) or hold the cords with a binder.
Take the right black cord and pass it over the right blue one (No 1 over No 2) bringing it to the middle.
Take the white cord and pass it over to the right over the black cord (No 3 over No 1) brining it to the middle.
Go to the left now side. Take the blue cord and pass it over the black (No 5 over No 4) bringing to the middle.
Take the right black cord and pass it over the left blue cord (No 1 over No 5) bringing it to the middle. You have your first 5 cord braid. Continue repeating the above steps with the current external cords (No 2 over No 3, then No 5 over over No 2, then No 4 over No 1, then No 2 over No 4, and so on).
Glue the edges and trim the cords.
Pass a D-ring through the braided cords, fold in half and secure both edges in a clasp.
Cover the inner frame of the rectangle pendant with hot glue.
When it gets cold, colour it with the StazOn ultramarine ink.
Heat the pendant with a heat gun and press two small gears in the hot glue.
Attach the pendant to the metal D-ring and add a split ring to the either end.