Make book cover for mini books where you can place blank pages or alter them with paper cuttings, printed and decorated papers.
Find all the materials in Buddly Crafts shop
- Tando Creative Greyboard Mini Books – 75mm x 80mm Living Hinge
- Tando Creative Greyboard Mini Leaves #1 – 8pcs 35mm > 70mm
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Paint 1oz (29.6ml) – Titanium White DMFA39
- DecoArt Extreme Sheen Metallic Paint 59ml 2oz – Silver
- Tsukineko VersaFine Clair Pigment Ink Pad – Rain Forest
- Tsukineko VersaFine Clair Pigment Ink Pad – Purple Delight
- Knorr Prandell Beads & Sequins Assortment – Green
- Tsukinenko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad – Large
- Ranger Embossing Powder 0.5oz 15g – White
- Cousin Jewelry Basics 4-8mm Metal Jump Rings 120pcs – Silver 34719158
- Buddly Crafts 3,4,5 & 6mm No Hole Rainbow Pearls 500pcs – Coffee Rose
- Hobby & Crafting Fun No Hole Mini Pearls 1mm – White #4203
- Craft Medley Natural Jute Cord 80g – 3ply FL102
- Viva Decor Jewellery Glue
- Buddly Crafts Clear Glass Domed Cabochons – 12mm Round 15pcs GC3
- Buddly Crafts Rose Rectangle Metal Pendant Frames – 3pcs Silver Tone ST21
- Buddly Crafts 25mm Printed Grosgrain Ribbon – 2m Paisley Pink
- Studio Light 6×6 Paper Pad – #81
- Hot glue
- Leonhardy Stencil Brush – #6
Paint the book covers with the DecoArt white paint and when it dries, use the stencil brush with vertical strokes to add the DecoArt silver paint.
When the surface dries, use a sponge dauber to light cover with the VersaFine CLAIR inks avoiding over colouring the silver painted areas. Use a soft towel to remove excess from the top of it
Remove a branch from Tando greyboard leaves , set it on the VersaMark watermark pad to soak ink and then press on the green coloured book cover. Add white embossing powder and heat set.
Press the same branch on the VersaFine CLAIR Rain forest ink pad and stamp on the cover surface. Let it dry or speed up the process with a heat tool.
Use pages from the paper add to cove the inside of the book covers.
Wrap some jute cord on the front book cover (if the jute cord looks too thick, remove some reverse twist it and use a part of it). Remove the ring from the metallic frame and add it on the side of the jute cord.
Use the jewellery glue to set the branch and around it, the small no hole beads.
Continue adding embellishments .
For the purple cover, add a piece of the ribbon covering, in and out it.
Colour a large large branch with the VersaFine CLAIR purple ink pad.
Place the branch and add small and medium size no hole rainbow beads.
For the blank pages, cut A4 pages 16x7cm, fold in half and per 5 pages add them with a strong sting to the cover using the cuttings on the book cover spine.