Christmas tree baubles using a polystyrene ball cut in half, covered with jute and decorated with embellishments like metallic stars, paper tags and mdf shape.
A project made exclusively for Buddly Crafts where you can find all the materials and more inspiration on the blog
- Styrofoam Ball – 10cm
- Knorr Prandell Natural Jute Hessian Fabric – 0.5 X 1m
- Buddly Crafts Metal Claw Rivets – 15mm Stars Antique Bronze 50pcs #V7
- Buddly Crafts Metal Claw Rivets – 15mm Stars Red 50pcs #V4
- Halbach Cotton Ribbon – 24mm Cream
- May Arts 10mm Stitch Edge Grosgrain Ribbon – 2m Red BH14
- Psst Watercolour Glimmer Mist Spray – Antique Gold
- Viva Decor Inka Gold – Gold Brown #935
- Knorr Prandell Rhinestones – 3.5mm Crystal 21pcs
- Knorr Prandell Marabou Feathers – White #002
- Buddly Crafts Wooden Shape – 65mm Angel
- Marianne Design Cardtopper Favorites – Mattie’s Winter Country
- Hot glue gun
Cut the polystyrene ball in half
Cut stripes of 3 – 4cm wide and 11cm long stripes of jute. Cover the round side of the ball with them. Cut excess.
Cut a 5cm wide x 20cm long stripe of jute and fray the one long side
Using the hot glue gun, set the stripe around the flat side of the ball.
Repeat the same with the cotton ribbon and glue it on the flat polystyrene side.
Distress the edge of the cardtopper with some gold paint, add a star. (to make it stronger and set it better on the center, glue the card topper on a thicker paper and cut around.)
Decorate with rhinestones.
Set the topper on the center. Make a bow from the cotton ribbon and place on the top.
Add metallic stars by pressing them at the back side.
For the angel ball. Use the other half of the ball.
Paint the angel with the Inka gold.
Cut a star shape from jute and glue it in the round side. Paint around the star with the Inka gold.
Glue jute on the flat side and cut around the excess.
Glue the white feathers, the angel and press some red stars on. Make a bow with the red ribbon. Add rhinestones.