Create a faux look porcelain Christmas tree that is covered with wings and beads.
Find all the materials and more inspiration in Buddly Crafts
- Prima Finnabair 5″ x 8″ Silicone Mould – Wing & Locket
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint 59ml 2oz – Snow (Titanium) White DA01
- Knorr Prandell Polystyrene Cone 1pc – 20cm
- Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink 15ml – 70 Metallic Vegas Gold
- Viva Decor Artline Modeling Paste 250ml – 100 Fine White
- Knorr Prandell Beads & Sequins Assortment – Gold
- Hot glue gun
Cast wings using the hot glue and the silicon mould. For this size 28pcs were used.
Start gluing the wings with some hot glue on the cone. Starting from the base of it.
Continue adding wings covering partially those on the lower part. Small gaps will be created and will be covered later.
When all wings are placed, colour them with the white paint.
Add details with partially colouring using the gold ink.
To fill the gaps among the wings, place some modeling paste in a small plastic bag, squeeze it to one corner and cut the edge. It will allow you to go inside the gaps easier without placing paste on the wings. In case you have a plastic small bottle with a nozzle you can use that.
Fill the gaps covered with the paste with beads.
The tree is glued on a glass tea-light candle holder that is colored internally with the gold paint.