The large MDF keys make the ideal base to work with the chalky paints and make decorative keys to hang somewhere in the house or make them part of other decoration pieces. Create a vintage look with chalk based paints that offer great coverage on the both the wooden keys and the shells used.
Find this and more projects in Buddly Crafts free magazine
- Pronty MDF Shapes – 4pcs Large Keys Set
- Viva Decor Chalky Opaque Paint 250ml – 401 Dust Rose
- Viva Decor Vintage Look Chalky Paint 250ml – 703 Aqua
- Knorr Prandell Decorative Seashells – 250g Assorted Net Bag
- Tsukineko Essential Glue Pad & Inker Set
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder 1oz – White
- Halbach 3mm Jute Twine 46m – Natural
- Buddly Crafts 15mm Ribbon Roses – Teal 35pcs R5
- Buddly Crafts 15mm Ribbon Roses – Soft Blue 35pcs R8
- Buddly Crafts 15mm Ribbon Roses – Fuchsia 35pcs R7
- Buddly Crafts 10mm Ribbon Roses 50pcs – Cream R12
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Glass Rocailles Trio – Blue #3613
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Glass Rocailles Trio – Pastel Pink
- Buddly Crafts Flatback Half Pearls – 200pcs 7mm Ivory P20
- Gutermann Tassels with Bead – 10cm 3pcs – Old Rose
- Gutermann Tassels with Bead – 10cm 3pcs – Turquoise
- Heat gun
- Hot glue gun
- Leonhardy Stencil Brush – #4
Glue the seashells on the MDF keys with the hot glue gun.
Cover the keys and the seashells with the Viva Decor chalky paints.
Using a stencil brush, make light strokes of glue from the Glue pad. Cover with embossing powder and heat set.
Wrap the jute twine in various places of the keys.
Make loops by cutting 3-4cm long pieces of the jute twine. Glue the twine loops and the ribbon flowers close to the seashells.
Continue by gluing beads.
Repeat the embellishment on the second key, using matching colours. Add tassels and some twine to hang them.