Faux gemstones necklace made with a transparent sheet of Worbla that is colored with StazOn inks to give an impression of raw cut blue stones.
Craft your own faux gemstones with a Worbla transparent sheet and make a necklace one of its kind. Easy to make and to adapt the faux stones to the colour of your choice, just by choosing a different inkpad. Add more faux gemstones, beads and pearls to alter further.
Find all materials in Buddly Crafts shop
- Worbla’s Transpa Art (WTA) Thermoplastic Modelling & Moulding Sheet – 180mm x 250mm x 0.8mm
- Tsukineko StazOn Solvent Ink Pad – Ultramarine
- Tsukineko StazOn Midi Ink Pad – Teal Blue
- Buddly Crafts Small Metal Beads – 36pcs Silver Tone
- Buddly Crafts 10mm Lobster Clasps – 40pcs – Silver Tone ST14
- Silver Plated Jump Rings – 6mm 144pcs #1135
- Buddly Crafts 8mm x 3mm Feather & Cord Crimping End Caps – 100pcs Silver Tone
- Buddly Crafts 3mm x 4mm Fine Chain – 10m Silver Tone ST18
- BuddlyCrafts 2mm Round Leather Thonging Cord x 1m – Black
- Hobby & Crafting Fun Earrings – 35mm Kidney #2417
- Heat gun
- Round nose pliers
- Sponge dauber
- Piercing tool
Using the sponge dauber lightly cover about 5x18cm surface of the Worbla transparent sheet with the StazOn Ultramarine and Tea blue colours. Cut the coloured piece.
Heat well the cut piece of Worbla and wrap it to form a ball.
Using a round rolling tool, flat a bit the Worbla ball and cut small pieces with a pair of scissors. Heat each piece and flatten further. Remember to heat before cutting the pieces as the Worbla will harden and become difficult to cut.
Open holes with a piercing tools close to the edge on each of the flatten pieces. Place a jump ring with the round nose pliers.
Lay the pieces and set them to the form that necklace should look. Add some chain on the pieces that need lay longer on the cord.
Place the faux gemstones with metallic beads on the leather cord and set a clasp lobster and a cap end.