Wooden letters connected together with hinges. The wooden letters are painted with black matte paint and each of one is decorated with paper or canvas.
Stamps and stencils were used to decorate the fabric, add little details on the papers and write the words on.
Metallic red stars were glued on the fabric.
Colours are a bit far away for the common baby colours like light pink and whites, giving a chance for these wooden letters to be kept for more in a girl’s room.
- Canvas Corp 12 x 12 canvas sheet
- Tattered Angels Simply Sheer – Bold Red (Plain Jane)
- Canvas Corp Black & White Live Love Laugh 12×12 paper
- Black & White Life Newsprint 12×12 paper
- Red and white chevron 12×12 paper
- Black paint matte
- Buddly Crafts Metal Claw Rivets – 15mm Stars Red 50pcs #V4
- Dutch Doobadoo Stencil – A4 Alphabet 3 #455004
- Darice Brass Hinges – 32mm
It is a very easy to do project with few steps to follow.
Colour first the letters and let them dry well. You don’t need to paint the front side of the them.
Glue well the papers and the fabric. Use the stencils and the stamps to decorate.
Place the wooden letters on a flat surface and mark where the hinge will be placed. First screw the one side and the then set the wooden letters aside to make sure that the sit well together.
One hinge per two letters was used as it is more than enough to hold them.
Super cool! I would love to make this kind of project. It would be perfect to decorate a wall. Maybe my studio wall. xx Ilana