Alter a wooden house shape box into a sewing supplies storage with removable racks that hold spools of threads, a scissor holder and hangers for sewing trimmings.
Find all the materials in Buddly Crafts
- Stafil Bare Wood House Box Frame 14cm х 29cm 8603-02
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint 59ml 2oz – Snow (Titanium) White DA01
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink Pad Large – Bamboo Leaves
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink Pad Large – Rhubarb Stalk
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink Pad Large – Desert Sand
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink Pad Large – Rich Cocoa
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink Pad Large – Tuxedo Black
- Tsukineko VersaFine CLAIR Pigment Ink Pad – Pinecone
- Viva Decor A5 Clear Silicone Stamps Set – Paris Couture #82
- Viva Decor A5 Clear Silicone Stamps Set – Tailoring Backgrounds #84
- Tim Holtz 4×8 Layering Stencil – Mesh THS041
- Buddly Crafts 8mm Square Metal Claw Stud Rivets – Silver Tone 50pcs #V11
- Buddly Crafts Cotton Piping Cord 5m – Size #3 4mm
- Hook & Bar Skirt & Trouser Fasteners – 9mm Silver Tone
- Knorr Prandell 14mm x 38mm Wooden Game Piece – 6pcs #838
Paint the wooden box frame with the titanium white colour.
Distress the wooden box with the Memento Dessert sand and Rich cocoa ink pads.
Use the mesh design stencil and the Bamboo leaves ink pad to decorate the box.
Stamp the Viva decor stamps inside and outside the box with the Rhubarb stalk, Pinecone and Rich cocoa ink pads. (the Memento inks will fade as they dry, if you want a sharp stamped image you can use the VersaFine CLAIR or the StazOn ink pads)
Mark on 8cm from the bottom on the inner left and right sides (middle to the short dimension) and then every 4cm.
Place hot glue and add the hook fastener on the marked spots, aiming the round opening to be on the mark.
Cut the wooden sticks 12.5cm and use some sanding paper to smooth the edges (it will make it easier to remove and place them back on the hooks).
Cut a piece of the pipe cord and attach it loose to the external side of the box. Cover the edges with the metal claw stud rivets.
Fold in a circle the pipe cord, distress it with the Rich cocoa ink pad and place it on the top side of the wooden box (to use as a needle holder).
Paint the wooden game pieces with the titanium white and distress colour with the Rich cocoa ink pad. Attach them to the other side of the box to use as hangers.