Handmade Christmas cards can be embellished with many kinds of materials. But how about Iron on patches? Go beyond of covering a hole in a cloth by adding an iron on patch on handmade Christmas cards.
You can find all materials for the handmade Christmas cards in the Buddly Crafts blog with more inspiration.
For these handmade Christmas cards I used 3 different designs of Iron on pathes. You don’t need to iron them on the card, just glue them or use some repositional tape to make them useful afterwards for the person to be given to decorate a cloth!
Use iron on patches to decorate your Christmas cards.
- Dovecraft Cards & Envelopes – 6×6 – 10pcs White DCCE025
- Viva Decor Paper Soft Color – Caramel 453
- Viva Decor Paper Soft Color – Indigo 607
- Viva Decor Eiskristall – 200g Ice Crystals
- Kim’s Digi Papers – A Patchwork of Papers – Blue
- Kim’s Digi Papers – Winter Warm
- Kim’s Digi Papers – Silent Night
- Kim’s Digital Stamp – Twelve Christmas Greetings
- Buddly Crafts 15mm Stars Metal Claw Stud Rivets – Silver Tone 50pcs #V5
- Buddly Crafts 5mm Round Metal Claw Stud Rivets – Silver Tone 200pcs #V8
- Buddly Crafts 1mm Jute String – 110m Natural
- Buddly Crafts 32mm Felt Snowflakes with Gems – 12pcs White
- Buddly Crafts 25mm Christmas Grosgrain Ribbon – 2m Santa & Snowman
- Buddly Crafts Iron On Patch – Penguin #4
- Buddly Crafts Iron On Patch – Santa Merry Christmas #1
- Buddly Crafts Iron On Patch – Rudolph Reindeer #6
Printer, glue, hot glue gun, craft knife
Handmade Christmas cards – Penguin
Download and print the patchwork background paper. Cut a square of 13x13cm (~5x5in). Using the circle cutter remove a 9cm diameter circle. Glue the square paper on the front of the card.
Place glue around the circle window and on the bottom of the square cutting.
Lay the ice crystals on the card. Remove the excess. I suggest to turn the card and press it on the ice crystals excess to secure them on the card. Let it aside to dry.
Glue the iron on patch and the burlap string. Continue with the rest of the embellishments.
Handmade Christmas Cards – Reindeer
For the reindeer patch, use the caramel soft paper color, open a square window 9x9cm on the background paper. Glue first the ribbon and then the ice crystals. Continue with the iron on patch, the burlap string and the rest of the embellishments.
Handmade Christmas Card – Santa Claus
For the Santa patch, keep the card white. Glue burlap string around the circle window and ice crystals around the background paper and drops of snow on the top.