Make a mermaid theme card embellished with natural materials like driftwood pieces, shells and cord. Add some sparkle with gold and turquoise beads and sequins.
Find all the materials and more inspiration in the Buddly Crafts
- Stampendous Cling Stamp – Mermaid CRP151
- Joy! Crafts Corrugated Card – 12″x12″ – Wide #0212
- Tsukineko Memento Luxe Ink Pad – Danube Blue
- Tsukineko Memento Luxe Ink Pad – Bahama Blue
- Viva Decor A5 Clear Silicone Stamps Set – Grunge Backgrounds #158
- Craft Medley Natural Jute Cord 80g – 3ply FL102
- Hobby & Crafting Fun No Hole Mini Pearls 1mm – White #4203
- Ranger Embossing Powder 0.5oz 15g – Gold
- Tsukinenko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad – Large
- Gathered Sea Shells – 120g Mixed
- Gathered Small Drift Wood Pieces
- Dovecraft Cards & Envelopes – 5×7 – 10pcs White DCCE026
- Knorr Prandell Beads & Sequins Assortment – Turquoise
- Knorr Prandell Beads & Sequins Assortment – Gold
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Spiral Bound Sticker Book 4.5″x8.5″ – Big Chat
- Viva Decor Jewellery Glue
- JeJe Double Sided Foam Tape – 12mm x 1mm x 2.2m
- JeJe Extra Sticky Double Sided Tape – 6mm x 10m
- Heat tool
- Hot glue gun
On a piece of white cardboard stamp with the VersaMark and heat emboss with the gold embossing powder the Mermaid image. Cut around the stamped image.
Cut a 10×10 cm piece of corrugated paper and tear it top left to right middle.
Press lightly the MEMENTO LUXE ink pads on the Viva decor stamp and stamp the card base middle to top right.
Wrap some jute cord around the driftwood pieces and secure with some hot glue.
Set the corrugated paper on the card with some double sided tape. Lightly cover the circles Viva decor stamp with VersaMark and press on the card surface. Add some gold embossing powder and heat set. (As I wanted partial only coverage, I press the stamp with my fingers to certain spots only.)
Smash some seashells (or use pliers to do it).
Add hot glue on the middle left of the corrugated paper sprinkle the smashed seashells and no hole beads.
Put foam tape (two layers to add more distance) at the back of the mermaid image and place it to the right. Continue adding beads and sequins wit the jewellery glue on the spots you like and finally add the printed words.